Sri Lankan Butter Cake Recipe
This Sri Lankan Butter Cake Recipe is the epitome of indulgence and flavor. Made with simple ingredients, this cake is moist, rich, and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice in the kitchen, this recipe is easy to follow and guarantees fantastic results.
Nutrition: This Sri Lankan Butter Cake Recipe contains approximately 250 calories per serving. It is high in carbohydrates, fats, and sugars, making it a delightful treat that should be enjoyed in moderation.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the Sri Lankan Butter Cake as is, or dust it with powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
In conclusion, this Sri Lankan Butter Cake Recipe is a true delight for cake lovers. Its tender crumb, rich buttery flavor, and simplicity make it a perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply craving something sweet, this cake is sure to impress. Give it a try and savor the taste of Sri Lankan culinary glory!