Ina Garten Crab Cake Recipe
Treat yourself to the deliciousness of Ina Garten’s crab cake recipe. Made with fresh crab meat and a blend of flavorful ingredients, these crab cakes are sure to impress. Serve them as an appetizer or main course, and enjoy the perfect combination of crispy exterior and tender, melt-in-your-mouth crab meat. With this easy-to-follow recipe, you’ll be able to recreate Ina Garten’s famous crab cakes right in your own kitchen.
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, gently combine the crabmeat, panko breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Be careful not to overmix.
- Form the crab mixture into 8 patties, using about 1/3 cup of the mixture for each patty. Place the patties on a plate and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the crab cakes to the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, until golden brown and heated through.
- Remove the crab cakes from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Serve hot, garnished with lemon wedges and additional parsley if desired.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Ina Garten crab cakes are the perfect appetizer or main course. Made with fresh crab meat and a blend of flavorful ingredients, they are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve them hot with lemon wedges and additional parsley for a delightful seafood dish that will impress your guests.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 236, Total Fat: 14g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 94mg, Sodium: 751mg, Carbohydrates: 6g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 1g, Protein: 22g
Treat yourself to a taste of coastal cuisine with this Ina Garten crab cake recipe. Ina Garten, also known as the Barefoot Contessa, is a renowned chef and television host who has perfected the art of creating delicious dishes that are both simple and elegant. Her crab cake recipe is no exception.
To start, you’ll need fresh lump crabmeat, which can be found at your local seafood market or grocery store. Combine the crabmeat with panko breadcrumbs, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, green onions, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Gently mix all the ingredients together, being careful not to break up the chunks of crabmeat.
Once the mixture is well combined, form it into patties. You should get about 8 patties from this recipe. Place the patties on a plate and refrigerate them for at least 30 minutes to allow them to firm up. This step is important to ensure that the crab cakes hold together during cooking.
When you’re ready to cook the crab cakes, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the crab cakes to the skillet and cook them for 4-5 minutes per side, until they are golden brown and heated through. The butter will help create a crispy exterior while keeping the inside moist and flavorful.
Once the crab cakes are cooked, remove them from the skillet and drain them on paper towels to remove any excess grease. Serve the crab cakes hot, garnished with lemon wedges and additional parsley if desired. They make a wonderful appetizer for a dinner party or a satisfying main course when paired with a side salad or vegetables.
Each bite of these crab cakes is filled with the sweet and delicate flavor of crab meat. The combination of ingredients adds a depth of flavor and a hint of tanginess from the Dijon mustard and lemon juice. The crispy exterior gives way to a tender and succulent interior, making each bite a true delight.
Ina Garten’s crab cake recipe is a classic that never disappoints. Whether you’re a seafood lover or just looking to try something new, these crab cakes are a must-try. Impress your family and friends with this mouthwatering dish that is sure to be a hit. Enjoy the taste of the ocean right at home with Ina Garten’s crab cake recipe.