Manny Randazzo King Cake Recipe
Craving a taste of New Orleans? Look no further than this delicious Manny Randazzo King Cake recipe. With its rich dough, sweet filling, and vibrant toppings, this traditional American dessert is perfect for Mardi Gras celebrations or any special occasion.
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Purple, green, and yellow sprinkles
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk and let it sit for about 5 minutes until frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, melted butter, eggs, and yeast mixture. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually, mixing until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by combining raisins, chopped pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter in a small bowl.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough, leaving a border around the edges.
- Roll the dough tightly from one long side to the other, sealing the edges.
- Form the rolled dough into a ring shape and place it on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover the cake with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and bake the cake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and immediately sprinkle it with purple, green, and yellow sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 2 hours
Yield: 8-10 servings
This Manny Randazzo King Cake recipe is a must-try for dessert lovers. With its soft and fluffy dough, delectable filling, and sweet glaze, every bite will transport you to the vibrant streets of New Orleans during Mardi Gras. Serve it at your next gathering or indulge in a slice just for yourself. Celebrate in style and savor the flavors of this classic American cake that’s fit for a king!
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 320, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 50g, Protein – 5g
(p>Make your next celebration extra special with this delectable Manny Randazzo King Cake. Whether it’s Mardi Gras or simply a gathering with friends, this classic American dessert will leave your guests impressed and coming back for seconds. With its soft and fluffy dough, flavorful filling, and eye-catching toppings, this cake is a true showstopper.
Start by preparing the dough. The yeast adds a lovely rise and airiness to the cake, while the warm milk and sugar create the perfect environment for it to activate. Mix everything together and let the yeast work its magic. Meanwhile, gather the remaining ingredients and get ready to create a dessert masterpiece.
As the dough rises, it’s time to prepare the luscious filling. The combination of raisins, pecans, brown sugar, and melted butter creates a sweet and nutty mixture that will delight your taste buds. Once the dough is ready, roll it out and spread the filling evenly, making sure to leave a border for easy rolling.
Carefully roll the dough into a ring shape and transfer it onto a baking sheet. Let it rise once more, allowing it to become even more pillowy and irresistible. As you preheat the oven, the aroma of the cake will fill your kitchen, building anticipation for the final result.
When the cake is golden brown and beautifully baked, remove it from the oven and let it cool. The sweet glaze, made from powdered sugar and milk, adds the perfect finishing touch. Drizzle it over the cooled cake and immediately sprinkle it with purple, green, and yellow sprinkles, symbolizing the traditional Mardi Gras colors.
Slice into the Manny Randazzo King Cake and reveal the colorful layers and delicious filling. Cheers and applause are sure to follow as your guests indulge in this delightful treat. Each bite is a symphony of flavors, with the soft and slightly chewy dough complemented by the sweetness of the raisins and pecans.
Don’t miss the opportunity to experience the joy of Mardi Gras in your own home. The Manny Randazzo King Cake Recipe is your ticket to a memorable celebration. Gather your loved ones, share the cake, and embrace the festive spirit. Let the flavors whisk you away to the lively streets of New Orleans, where every day feels like a carnival. Enjoy and laissez les bons temps rouler!