Mango Upside Down Cake Recipe
Indulge in the sweet taste of the tropics with this mouthwatering Mango Upside Down Cake recipe. Made with ripe and juicy mangoes, this cake is a delightful twist on the classic pineapple upside down cake. The vibrant colors and flavors of the mangoes create a stunning and irresistible dessert that will impress your guests and leave them craving for more.
- 2 large ripe mangoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a saucepan, melt the 1/2 cup of butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar until it dissolves.
- Pour the melted butter and sugar mixture into the prepared cake pan, spreading it evenly.
- Arrange the mango slices on top of the butter and sugar mixture in a circular pattern, pressing them gently into the mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter over the mango slices in the cake pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Place a serving plate upside down on top of the cake pan and carefully flip the cake onto the plate. Gently lift off the cake pan.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving. Slice and enjoy!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 8 servings
Impress your guests with this delicious Mango Upside Down Cake. The combination of moist and fluffy vanilla cake with sweet and juicy mangoes on top creates a dessert that is both visually stunning and full of tropical flavors. Whether you’re hosting a summer gathering or simply want to indulge in a taste of paradise, this cake is sure to be a hit. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect finishing touch. Try making this Mango Upside Down Cake today and transport yourself to a sunny tropical island with every bite.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 350, Fat 14g, Carbohydrates 53g, Protein 4g
(Create a conclusion of at least 300 words about the recipe Mango Upside Down Cake Recipe)