Lent Cake Recipes
During the period of Lent, it’s common for people to give up certain indulgences and follow a more restrained diet. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy delicious treats. These Lent Cake Recipes provide a delightful way to satisfy your sweet tooth while adhering to the traditions of the season.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the coffee, oil, vanilla extract, applesauce, and Greek yogurt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
These Lent Cake Recipes are the perfect addition to your Lenten menu. The rich, moist chocolate cake is a true delight, and the absence of eggs and dairy makes it a fitting choice for those observing Lent. The combination of strong coffee, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract adds depth of flavor and creates a decadent dessert that will impress your friends and family.
Serving Size: 1 slice (1/8 of cake)
Total Fat: 11g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Vitamin C: 0%
These Lent Cake Recipes are a delightful way to celebrate the season while savoring a delicious treat. The combination of simple ingredients ensures that you can whip up these cakes in no time. Whether you are observing Lent or simply looking for a tasty chocolate cake, this recipe is a winner. So go ahead and indulge in a slice of this moist and flavorful Lent Cake.