Jewish Beef Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe
A delicious and comforting Jewish Beef Mushroom Barley Soup is the perfect dish to warm you up on chilly days. This traditional recipe, passed down through generations, combines tender beef, earthy mushrooms, and nutrient-rich barley to create a hearty and nourishing soup.
Start by gathering your ingredients. You will need:
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Once you have gathered all the ingredients, it’s time to start cooking.
- In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the beef stew meat and cook until browned. Remove the meat from the pot and set it aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion and minced garlic. Sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pot and cook until they release their moisture and start to brown.
- Return the browned beef to the pot and add the pearl barley, beef broth, water, dried thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for about 2 hours, or until the beef is tender and the barley is cooked.
- Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the Jewish Beef Mushroom Barley Soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley if desired.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
This Jewish Beef Mushroom Barley Soup is a classic recipe that brings warmth and comfort to the table. The tender beef, savory mushrooms, and wholesome barley create a rich and flavorful broth that will leave you craving for more. Perfect as a starter or a main course, this soup is a delightful way to enjoy a taste of Jewish cuisine.
(pinterest seo considerations)