Whole Foods Mushroom Barley Soup Recipe
Do you crave a warm and comforting bowl of soup that is both delicious and nutritious? Look no further than this delightful Whole Foods Mushroom Barley Soup recipe. Made with wholesome ingredients, it’s the perfect dish to satisfy your cravings.
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, and celery to the pot. Cook for a few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in the pearl barley, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for another minute, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 1 hour, or until the barley is tender.
- Once the soup is cooked, taste and adjust the seasonings if necessary. Serve hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
This Whole Foods Mushroom Barley Soup is a hearty and comforting dish that will warm you up from the inside out. The combination of earthy mushrooms, chewy barley, and flavorful vegetables creates a soup that is both satisfying and nutritious. This recipe is perfect for a cozy dinner at home or for impressing guests with its rich and complex flavors. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make! With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can enjoy a bowl of homemade soup that is sure to become a favorite. So grab your ingredients and get cooking – your taste buds will thank you!