Piggy Soup Recipe
A delicious and comforting soup made with tender pork and a variety of vegetables. This Piggy Soup Recipe is perfect for a cozy meal on a chilly day. The combination of flavors is truly satisfying, and you will find yourself going back for seconds!
- 1 pound boneless pork loin, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat some oil over medium heat. Add the pork cubes and cook until browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onion, sliced carrots, sliced celery, minced garlic, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Return the browned pork cubes to the pot. Add the chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and let simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours, until the pork is tender.
- Add the frozen corn and frozen peas. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Piggy Soup hot and enjoy!
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
A delicious and comforting soup made with tender pork and a variety of vegetables. Perfect for a cozy meal on a chilly day.
Nutritional information: (if available)
In conclusion, this Piggy Soup Recipe is a must-try for soup lovers. The combination of tender pork, flavorful vegetables, and aromatic herbs will warm you up from the inside out. It’s the perfect dish to enjoy on a cold winter day or when you’re in need of some comfort food.
So gather your ingredients and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure. Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or a gathering of friends, this Piggy Soup Recipe is sure to impress. Serve it with some crusty bread or a side salad for a complete and satisfying meal. Your taste buds will thank you!