Longhorn Loaded Potato Soup Recipe
Delicious and comforting Longhorn Loaded Potato Soup recipe that will warm you up on a chilly day. Made with creamy potatoes, crispy bacon, tangy cheddar cheese, and a touch of green onions.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
- 6 large russet potatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Dice them into small cubes.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle the flour over the potatoes and stir well to coat.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Using a potato masher or immersion blender, slightly mash the potatoes to thicken the soup.
- Add the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and ladle the soup into bowls.
- Garnish with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, and sliced green onions.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories per serving: 350
Longhorn Loaded Potato Soup is the perfect comfort food for those cold winter nights or whenever you’re craving a hearty bowl of soup. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry.
To start, you’ll need six large russet potatoes. Wash and peel them before dicing them into small cubes. In a large pot, melt some butter over medium heat and add the diced potatoes. Cook them for a few minutes until they start to soften, then sprinkle flour over the potatoes and stir well to coat.
Next, pour in chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. To thicken the soup, you can use a potato masher or an immersion blender to slightly mash the potatoes.
Once the soup is thickened, add some heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine all the flavors. Let the soup simmer for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Now comes the fun part – the toppings! Crumble some cooked bacon and sprinkle it over the soup. Add shredded cheddar cheese and thinly sliced green onions as well. These toppings add a burst of flavor and a touch of freshness to the rich and creamy soup.
Serve the Longhorn Loaded Potato Soup hot and enjoy its deliciousness! It’s the perfect meal for a cozy night in, and it’s guaranteed to warm you up from the inside out.