Strawberry Shortcake Pound Cake Recipe
Are you looking for a delightful dessert that screams summer? Look no further! This Strawberry Shortcake Pound Cake recipe is a perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth. Imagine biting into a moist and buttery pound cake, layered with fresh strawberries and topped with fluffy whipped cream. It’s a combination that will make your taste buds dance with joy!
This recipe takes the classic strawberry shortcake to a whole new level by incorporating a rich and flavorful pound cake. The cake itself is incredibly moist and has a perfect balance of sweetness. The addition of fresh strawberries adds a burst of juicy and tangy flavor, complementing the cake beautifully. And let’s not forget about the pillowy clouds of whipped cream that complete this delicious creation.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it evenly. Bake for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once done, remove the pound cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the pound cake is cooling, prepare the strawberries by slicing them.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- When the pound cake has cooled, slice it horizontally into three even layers.
- Place one layer of pound cake onto a serving platter. Top it with a layer of sliced strawberries and a generous dollop of whipped cream. Repeat this process for the remaining layers.
- Garnish the top of the cake with additional strawberries and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Refrigerate the strawberry shortcake pound cake for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
This Strawberry Shortcake Pound Cake recipe combines a moist and buttery pound cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, creating a delightful summer dessert.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 390, Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 53g, Protein – 6g
In conclusion, this Strawberry Shortcake Pound Cake is a winning combination of flavors and textures. The buttery pound cake provides the perfect base for the juicy strawberries and light whipped cream. Whether you’re hosting a summer party or simply craving a delicious treat, this recipe is sure to impress.
Give it a try and let your taste buds embark on a journey of pure bliss. The moistness of the pound cake, the sweetness of the strawberries, and the fluffy whipped cream will make each bite feel like a taste of heaven. So go ahead, indulge in the delightful flavors of this Strawberry Shortcake Pound Cake!