Recipe For Leftover Spaghetti Sauce
If you have some leftover spaghetti sauce in your fridge and you’re wondering what to do with it, we’ve got you covered. This recipe for leftover spaghetti sauce is not only simple to make, but it also turns that extra sauce into a delicious and satisfying meal.
- Leftover spaghetti sauce
- 1 pound spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the spaghetti noodles according to package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion and minced garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Add the leftover spaghetti sauce to the skillet and stir to combine with the onions and garlic. Add dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles to the skillet and toss to coat them with the sauce.
- Let the spaghetti and sauce cook together for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information: Calories: 400, Fat: 10g, Carbohydrates: 60g, Protein: 15g
In conclusion, this recipe for leftover spaghetti sauce is a fantastic way to turn your leftovers into a flavorful meal. The combination of the rich tomato-based sauce with the perfectly cooked spaghetti noodles creates a dish that will satisfy both your taste buds and your hunger. The addition of onions, garlic, and herbs elevates the flavors and adds an extra layer of deliciousness. Don’t let that extra sauce go to waste – try this recipe and enjoy a simple yet satisfying dinner that everyone will love.