Mexican Rice Recipe Without Tomato Sauce
Create a storytelling style description of at least 300 words about the recipe Mexican Rice Recipe Without Tomato Sauce…
This Mexican Rice Recipe Without Tomato Sauce is a delightful twist to the traditional rice dishes you find in Mexican cuisine. With its vibrant colors and bold flavors, this recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household.
One of the unique aspects of this recipe is that it doesn’t require any tomato sauce. Instead, it gets its savory flavors from a combination of spices, herbs, and fresh vegetables. This not only adds depth to the dish but also makes it suitable for those who may have allergies or preferences to avoid tomatoes.
To start, gather the following ingredients:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Now, it’s time to prepare this delicious dish:
- Start by rinsing the rice under cold water until the water runs clear. This helps remove excess starch from the rice grains.
- In a large skillet or pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion, minced garlic, and diced bell pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the rinsed rice to the pan and stir well to coat it with the vegetable mixture. Cook for a couple of minutes to toast the rice slightly.
- Next, add the ground cumin, chili powder, paprika, and dried oregano. Stir well to evenly distribute the spices.
- Pour in the chicken or vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it rest for a few minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and sprinkle fresh cilantro on top. Season with salt and pepper according to your taste.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This Mexican Rice Recipe Without Tomato Sauce is the perfect side dish or main course for your Mexican-themed dinners. It pairs well with a variety of proteins, such as grilled chicken, beef, or seafood. The flavors of the spices and fresh vegetables come together beautifully, creating a dish that is bursting with authentic Mexican flavors.
Nutrition information is not available for this recipe.
Make this Mexican Rice Recipe Without Tomato Sauce and impress your family and friends with a delicious and unique twist on a classic dish. Enjoy the flavorful journey into the heart of Mexican cuisine!
(make a story conclusion of at least 300 words about the recipe Mexican Rice Recipe Without Tomato Sauce)