Lenten Soups Recipes
During the Lenten season, many people abstain from consuming meat and turn to delicious and nourishing lenten recipes. Lenten soups, in particular, offer a warm and comforting meal option that is suitable for those observing dietary restrictions. In this article, we will explore a variety of Lenten soup recipes that are not only flavorful but also easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup lentils, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until they become fragrant and translucent.
- Add the carrots and celery to the pot, and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, lentils, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender.
- Once the lentils are cooked, taste the soup and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve the Lenten soup hot, garnished with fresh herbs if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
With its rich flavors and hearty ingredients, this Lenten soup is the perfect choice for a nourishing and satisfying meal during the Lenten season. The combination of lentils, vegetables, and aromatic herbs creates a delicious harmony of tastes that will leave you feeling nourished and full. The soup is not only packed with flavor, but also provides a good source of protein and fiber.
Nutrition information per serving:
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 40g
- Protein: 12g
- Fiber: 10g
In conclusion, Lenten soups are a delicious and satisfying meal option for those observing dietary restrictions during the Lenten season. Whether you’re looking for a traditional lentil soup or a more adventurous combination of flavors, there are plenty of recipes to choose from. So, why not try incorporating lenten soups into your meal plan this Lent? Your taste buds and body will thank you!