Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Korean cuisine has gained immense popularity in recent years, and one of the standout dishes in Korean street food is the Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich. This delicious sandwich combines the crispy and succulent flavors of Korean fried chicken with the freshness of a sandwich, making it a perfect dish for any occasion.
The Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich is a harmonious blend of various flavors and textures. The chicken is first marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, gochujang (Korean chili paste), garlic, and ginger, which adds a spicy and savory kick. It is then coated in a light and crunchy batter made with cornstarch and flour, giving it the perfect amount of crispiness. The chicken is deep-fried until golden brown and cooked through.
To assemble the sandwich, a soft and slightly sweet brioche bun is lightly toasted and slathered with a spicy mayonnaise sauce. The crispy fried chicken is then placed on the bun, along with fresh lettuce, sliced cucumbers, and pickled radishes for a refreshing crunch. The sandwich is topped off with a drizzle of tangy Korean barbecue sauce, adding a burst of flavor and completing this delectable creation.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons gochujang
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 4 brioche buns
- Spicy mayonnaise, for serving
- Lettuce leaves
- Sliced cucumbers
- Pickled radishes
- Korean barbecue sauce
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, gochujang, garlic, and ginger. Add the chicken breasts and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and flour. Dip the marinated chicken breasts in the mixture, making sure they are fully coated.
- In a deep pot or fryer, heat vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C). Fry the chicken breasts for about 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and let it drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Toast the brioche buns in a pan or toaster until lightly golden.
- Spread spicy mayonnaise on the bottom half of the buns. Place lettuce leaves, sliced cucumbers, and pickled radishes on top.
- Put the fried chicken on the bun and drizzle with Korean barbecue sauce.
- Top with the other half of the bun and serve.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
This Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich is a flavorful and satisfying dish that brings together the best of Korean cuisine and sandwiches. The crispy and spicy chicken combined with the freshness of the vegetables and the tangy barbecue sauce creates a perfect balance of flavors. Serve it as a main course for lunch or dinner, and watch your guests devour this mouthwatering creation.
Total Fat: 25g
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbohydrate: 30g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Enjoy this Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich, packed with flavors and textures that will satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more!