Stewart’s Hot Dog Sauce Recipe
If you’re a fan of hot dogs, then you know that the sauce is what takes them from ordinary to extraordinary. And when it comes to hot dog sauce, Stewart’s has a reputation for being the best. But what if you could recreate that famous flavor at home? With this recipe, you can!
Stewart’s hot dog sauce is a savory and slightly sweet condiment that is packed with flavor. It’s the perfect accompaniment to grilled hot dogs, burgers, or even fries. The best part? It’s surprisingly easy to make and requires just a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until the beef is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded together and the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool slightly before serving.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
In conclusion, Stewart’s hot dog sauce is a must-try for any hot dog lover. The combination of savory and sweet flavors, along with the hint of spice from the chili powder and paprika, makes it the perfect topping for your grilled hot dogs. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, attending a game day party, or simply craving a delicious hot dog, this homemade sauce will take your hot dog game to the next level. Give it a try and taste the difference that Stewart’s hot dog sauce brings to your favorite summer food.