Japanese Barbecue Sauce Chicken Recipe
If you’re looking to add some excitement to your everyday chicken dish, this Japanese Barbecue Sauce Chicken Recipe is just what you need. With a perfectly balanced blend of savory and sweet flavors, this recipe takes traditional barbecue chicken to a whole new level. The rich umami taste of the sauce combined with the tenderness of the chicken will have you coming back for seconds.
- 2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, mirin, sake, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger to make the barbecue sauce.
- Place chicken thighs in a ziplock bag and pour the barbecue sauce over them. Seal the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Brush the grill grates with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove chicken thighs from the marinade, allowing any excess sauce to drip off. Discard the marinade.
- Grill the chicken thighs for about 6-7 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sliced green onions before serving.
Prep time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This Japanese Barbecue Sauce Chicken Recipe is a must-try for all barbecue lovers. The combination of soy sauce, mirin, sake, and brown sugar creates a deliciously sticky and flavorful glaze for the chicken. The marinade infuses the meat with incredible taste, making it tender and juicy. Whether you’re grilling for a casual summer dinner or hosting a backyard barbecue party, this recipe will definitely make a statement. Serve it with steamed rice and a side of grilled vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
Make your next barbecue night extra special with this Japanese Barbecue Sauce Chicken Recipe. The tantalizing aroma and mouthwatering taste will leave your guests wanting more. Don’t be surprised if they ask you for the recipe afterwards. It’s a surefire crowd-pleaser that will take your grilling skills to the next level. So fire up the grill and get ready to enjoy a delicious Japanese-inspired barbecue experience.