Clemenza Sauce Recipe
A delicious and versatile sauce that originated from Italian-American cuisine, Clemenza Sauce is the perfect addition to any dish. It boasts a rich and robust flavor that complements a wide variety of pasta, meat, and vegetable dishes. Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or hosting a dinner party, Clemenza Sauce is sure to impress your guests.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using) to the saucepan. Stir well to combine.
- Simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the sauce from heat and stir in the chopped fresh parsley.
- Serve the Clemenza Sauce over your favorite pasta, meat, or vegetable dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Clemenza Sauce is a classic Italian-American sauce that is incredibly versatile and delicious. It’s a must-have in your recipe collection.
Nutritional information: Calories: 120, Fat: 7g, Carbohydrates: 13g, Protein: 2g
In conclusion, Clemenza Sauce is a true culinary masterpiece. Its bold flavors and rich texture make it a perfect complement to a wide variety of dishes. Whether you’re preparing a simple weeknight dinner or hosting a special occasion, this sauce will elevate your cooking to the next level. Don’t hesitate to give it a try and explore the endless possibilities it offers. Your taste buds will thank you for it!