Baklava Ice Cream Recipe
Enjoy the rich flavors of baklava in a refreshing ice cream form. With layers of crunchy nuts, sweet honey, and creamy vanilla ice cream, it’s a delightful treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- In a medium bowl, mix together the walnuts, almonds, pistachios, honey, and ground cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the ice cream is almost done churning, add the nut mixture and lemon zest. Continue churning until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the ice cream to a lidded container and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- Serve the Baklava Ice Cream in bowls or cones and enjoy!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 320; Fat: 25g; Carbohydrates: 22g; Protein: 6g
Indulge in the delightful combination of flavors and textures with this Baklava Ice Cream Recipe. The crunchy nuts provide a satisfying bite, while the sweet honey adds a touch of natural sweetness. The creamy vanilla ice cream ties it all together, creating a harmonious blend of flavors.
Creating this frozen treat is simple and enjoyable. Start by mixing together a variety of chopped nuts, including walnuts, almonds, and pistachios. The different nuts add a unique taste and texture to the ice cream. Drizzle honey over the nut mixture, enhancing the overall sweetness.
In a separate bowl, combine heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well combined. This creamy base will serve as the foundation for the ice cream.
Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and let it churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. As it churns, the mixture will gradually thicken, taking on a smooth and creamy consistency.
When the ice cream is nearing completion, add the nut mixture and a touch of lemon zest. The lemon zest provides a hint of freshness that balances out the sweetness of the nuts and honey.
Once fully churned, transfer the ice cream to a lidded container and place it in the freezer for at least four hours. This allows the ice cream to firm up, achieving the desired scoopable texture.
When ready to serve, scoop the Baklava Ice Cream into bowls or cones. The contrasting textures of the creamy ice cream and crunchy nuts make each spoonful a delightful experience.
Whether you’re enjoying this dessert on a warm summer day or for a special occasion, the Baklava Ice Cream Recipe is sure to impress. With its combination of flavors, it’s a unique and delicious treat that will leave your taste buds craving more.