Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy
Amish cuisine is known for its simplicity and hearty flavors. One of their classic dishes, Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy, is a delicious and comforting meal that combines tender chicken with a rich homemade gravy. This recipe has been passed down through generations and remains a favorite in Amish households.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika. Dredge the chicken breasts in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion is translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Return the chicken breasts to the skillet and spoon some of the gravy over the top.
- Cover the skillet and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Stir occasionally and spoon more gravy over the chicken as it cooks.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and let them rest for a couple of minutes. Spoon the gravy over the chicken and serve hot.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy is a classic comfort food that brings warmth and flavor to any meal. The tender chicken and homemade gravy are a perfect combination, creating a hearty, satisfying dish that will please the whole family. This recipe is easy to prepare and uses simple ingredients commonly found in most kitchens. Serve it with mashed potatoes or rice for a complete meal that will leave everyone asking for seconds. Enjoy the taste of tradition with this Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving: 350, Fat: 18g, Protein: 30g, Carbohydrates: 18g
In the heart of Amish country, this Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy holds a special place on the dinner tables. Generations of families have enjoyed this comforting and delicious dish, making it a staple in Amish homes. The secret to its wonderful taste is the homemade gravy that perfectly compliments the juicy and tender chicken breast.
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are coated in a blend of flour, salt, black pepper, and paprika. The chicken is then pan-fried to a golden brown, creating a crisp outer layer that seals in all the juices. While the chicken rests, a savory gravy is prepared using butter, onions, garlic, and chicken broth. The chicken is then simmered in this flavorful gravy, allowing it to absorb all the deliciousness.
The result is a moist and flavorful chicken breast that is bathed in a rich and creamy gravy. Each bite is a true delight, with the tender meat offering a burst of savory flavor and the velvety gravy adding a comforting touch. The Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy is best served with creamy mashed potatoes or buttery rice, allowing you to soak up every last drop of the delicious gravy.
Whether you are looking for a nostalgic meal that reminds you of home or simply want to experience the flavors of Amish cuisine, this recipe is a must-try. It is perfect for any occasion, from a weeknight family dinner to a special gathering with friends. Gather around the table and savor the taste of tradition with this Amish Chicken Recipe Makes Own Gravy.