Twix Ice Cream Recipe
Indulge in the deliciousness of homemade Twix ice cream with this easy recipe. Creamy caramel ice cream loaded with chunks of Twix candy bars for the ultimate frozen treat. Perfect for a hot summer’s day or any time you crave something sweet and refreshing.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 fun-sized Twix candy bars, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine heavy cream and milk. Heat over medium heat until steaming, but not boiling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar and egg yolks until well combined.
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture while whisking continuously.
- Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let it boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Pour the chilled ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- During the last few minutes of churning, add the chopped Twix candy bars and continue churning until well distributed.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a lidded container and freeze for at least 2 hours to firm up.
- Scoop into bowls or cones and enjoy!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Creamy caramel ice cream loaded with chunks of Twix candy bars for the ultimate frozen treat. Perfect for a hot summer’s day or any time you crave something sweet and refreshing.
Nutrition information: (per serving) Calories: 380, Carbohydrates: 45g, Protein: 5g, Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 13g, Cholesterol: 145mg, Sodium: 75mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 40g
Indulge in the sweet and creamy delight of homemade Twix ice cream. This recipe combines the classic flavors of Twix candy bars with smooth and velvety ice cream to create a frozen treat that will satisfy all your dessert cravings.
To begin, gather your ingredients. You’ll need heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract, and, of course, Twix candy bars. The combination of cream and milk ensures a rich and luxurious ice cream base, while the sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness. The egg yolks help create a smooth and creamy texture, and the vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor.
Start by heating the cream and milk in a saucepan until steaming. Be careful not to let it boil. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks until well combined. Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture, whisking continuously to prevent scrambling the eggs. Return the mixture to the saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. This step ensures the ice cream base is properly cooked and safe to consume.
Once the mixture has thickened, remove it from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Transfer the base to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight. Chilling the mixture allows the flavors to meld together and results in a smoother ice cream texture.
After the ice cream base has chilled, it’s time to churn it in an ice cream maker. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific machine. During the last few minutes of churning, add the chopped Twix candy bars. This adds a delightful crunch and bursts of caramel and chocolate throughout the ice cream.
Once the ice cream has reached the desired consistency, transfer it to a lidded container and freeze for at least 2 hours to firm up. This step allows the ice cream to solidify and develop its full flavor. When you’re ready to indulge, scoop the Twix ice cream into bowls or cones and savor each and every bite.
With its creamy caramel base and decadent Twix candy bar chunks, this homemade Twix ice cream is sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike. Whether you enjoy it on a hot summer’s day or as a special treat anytime, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. So grab your ice cream maker and get ready to create a frozen dessert that will have everyone asking for seconds. Enjoy!