Recipe For Chicken Modiga
Chicken Modiga is a classic Italian-American dish that has been enjoyed by many for generations. This recipe combines tender chicken breasts with a rich and flavorful sauce, topped with melted cheese and served over pasta. The result is a comforting and satisfying meal that will surely impress your family and friends.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- In another dish, place the beaten eggs.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, then coat each piece with flour.
- Dip the floured chicken breasts into the beaten eggs, then coat them with the bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice, capers, and butter.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken breasts in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Chicken Modiga is a classic Italian-American dish that combines tender chicken breasts with a rich and flavorful sauce, topped with melted cheese and served over pasta.
Nutrition Information: Calories per serving – 380, Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 20g, Protein – 36g
Chicken Modiga is a dish that holds a special place in my heart. It’s a recipe that has been passed down through my family for generations, and every time I make it, it brings back cherished memories of Sunday dinners spent gathered around the table with loved ones.
The dish starts with tender chicken breasts that are coated in a mixture of bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. This gives the chicken a crispy crust when cooked. The chicken is then pan-fried until golden brown, adding a delightful crunch to each bite.
But the true star of Chicken Modiga is the sauce. It’s a combination of chicken broth, white wine, lemon juice, capers, and butter, which creates a tangy, savory, and slightly creamy sauce that perfectly complements the chicken. The dish is finished off with a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley, adding a fresh and vibrant touch.
When serving Chicken Modiga, I always make sure to pair it with al dente pasta. The pasta serves as a base for the chicken and sauce, allowing you to savor every delicious bite. The combination of the tender chicken, flavorful sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta creates a truly memorable dining experience.
I hope you try this recipe for Chicken Modiga and create your own cherished memories around the dinner table. It’s a dish that will impress your guests and fill your home with the delightful aromas of Italian-American cuisine. Enjoy!