Low Sodium Hot Sauce Recipe
Looking for a flavorful hot sauce that doesn’t contain excessive amounts of sodium? This homemade low sodium hot sauce recipe is just what you need. Made with simple ingredients, this sauce packs a punch of flavor without compromising your health. Whether you’re a fan of spicy dishes or simply looking to add some heat to your meals, this hot sauce will definitely become a staple in your kitchen.
- 10 fresh red chili peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the chili peppers, garlic, and onion to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan, combine the pepper mixture, vinegar, sugar, salt, and black pepper. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the mixture cool. Transfer to a glass bottle or jar and refrigerate for at least 24 hours to allow the flavors to develop.
- Once chilled, your low sodium hot sauce is ready to be enjoyed!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 bottle
Nutritional information per serving: Calories: 10, Fat: 0g, Sodium: 50mg, Carbohydrates: 2g, Protein: 0.3g
In conclusion, making your own low sodium hot sauce at home is not only easy but also a healthier alternative to store-bought options. By using fresh ingredients and reducing the amount of sodium, you can enjoy the spicy kick without worrying about the negative health effects. This sauce is perfect for adding a burst of flavor to your favorite dishes, such as tacos, burgers, or even as a dipping sauce for fries. Give this recipe a try and elevate your meals with this homemade low sodium hot sauce!