Liberian Hot Pepper Sauce Recipe
Are you ready to spice up your meals with an authentic Liberian Hot Pepper Sauce? This recipe is a must-try if you enjoy fiery flavors and want to explore the vibrant cuisine of West Africa. Made with fresh peppers and traditional spices, this sauce is sure to add a kick to your favorite dishes.
Originating from Liberia, a country known for its rich culinary heritage, this hot pepper sauce is a popular condiment that is loved by locals. It is commonly used to enhance the flavors of rice, meat, fish, and vegetables. If you’re a fan of spicy food, you’ll definitely want to give this recipe a try.
- 10 habanero peppers
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Salt to taste
- Begin by washing the habanero peppers and removing the stems. If you prefer a milder sauce, you can remove the seeds as well.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the habanero peppers, garlic cloves, and onion. Blend until smooth.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the blended pepper mixture and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato paste, paprika, thyme, and salt. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool. Transfer it to a jar or bottle and store in the refrigerator.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
This authentic Liberian Hot Pepper Sauce is a delicious condiment that will add a fiery kick to your meals. Made with fresh peppers and traditional spices, it is perfect for adding flavor and heat to your favorite dishes.
Nutrition information: Serving size: 1 tablespoon | Calories: 15 | Fat: 1g | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 0g
In conclusion, Liberian Hot Pepper Sauce is a staple in Liberian cuisine and a favorite among spice lovers. Its vibrant red color and intense flavor make it a versatile condiment that can be used in various dishes. Whether you’re grilling, sautéing, or roasting, a spoonful of this sauce will elevate your culinary creations to a whole new level.
By following this simple recipe, you can recreate the authentic flavors of Liberia in your own kitchen. Don’t be afraid to adjust the spiciness level to your taste preferences by adding or removing the seeds from the habanero peppers. Enjoy the heat and the burst of flavor that this hot pepper sauce brings to your meals!