Jewish Herring In Cream Sauce Recipe
A delicious appetizer that highlights the unique flavors of Jewish cuisine.
If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance and tradition to your next dinner party, this Jewish Herring in Cream Sauce recipe is the perfect choice. Bursting with flavors and textures, this dish combines tender herring and a rich cream sauce to create a mouthwatering appetizer that will impress your guests.
- 1 pound of pickled herring fillets
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sliced rye bread or crackers, for serving
- Start by draining the pickled herring fillets and cutting them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, red onion, and fresh dill. Mix well to combine.
- Add the herring pieces to the cream sauce mixture and gently stir until the herring is evenly coated.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When ready to serve, transfer the herring in cream sauce to a serving dish and garnish with additional chopped dill.
- Serve with sliced rye bread or crackers for a traditional accompaniment.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This Jewish Herring in Cream Sauce recipe is a true crowd-pleaser. The tangy pickled herring pairs perfectly with the creamy sauce, and the addition of fresh dill and red onion adds a pop of flavor. Serve it as an appetizer at your next gathering, and watch as your guests rave about this unique and delicious dish.
Nutrition information: (insert nutrition information if desired)
Indulge in the rich flavors of Jewish cuisine with this delightful herring in cream sauce recipe. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a tasty appetizer, this dish is sure to impress. The creamy sauce complements the tender herring fillets, creating a combination that is both satisfying and flavorful. Don’t forget to serve it with some sliced rye bread or crackers for the perfect finishing touch. Enjoy!