Emily Meggett Fried Chicken Recipe
Have you been craving some deliciously crispy and juicy fried chicken? Look no further! In this recipe article, I will be sharing with you the secret behind Emily Meggett’s mouthwatering fried chicken recipe. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds!
- 4-5 pieces of chicken (with or without skin, cut into desired sizes)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, pour buttermilk over the chicken pieces. Make sure all the chicken is evenly coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. This step will help tenderize the chicken and infuse it with flavor.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create the seasoning for the fried chicken.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. The oil should be about 2 inches deep.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, allowing any excess liquid to drip off. Coat each piece of chicken with the flour mixture, making sure to press the coating firmly onto the chicken to ensure a crispy crust.
- Carefully place the coated chicken pieces into the hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan. Fry the chicken for about 10-12 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a wire rack or paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Preparation time: 2 hours
Yield: 4-5 servings
Emily Meggett’s Fried Chicken is a delightful combination of crispy coating and tender meat. The secret lies in the buttermilk marinade, which adds moisture and flavor to the chicken. The seasoned flour mixture provides a deliciously aromatic crust that’s sure to satisfy your cravings. Whether you’re enjoying it as a main course or as party finger food, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Nutritional information: (per serving)
– Calories: 400
– Protein: 25g
– Carbohydrates: 35g
– Fat: 15g
– Sodium: 600mg
In conclusion, Emily Meggett’s Fried Chicken Recipe is a true winner. The buttermilk marinade and flavorful seasoning create a chicken that is delightfully crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. It’s a recipe that will leave your guests coming back for seconds and asking for the secret behind its incredible taste.