Quaker Barley Soup Recipe
Warm up with this delicious and hearty Quaker Barley Soup. Made with tender barley, nutritious vegetables, and flavorful spices, this soup is perfect for colder days. It’s easy to make and will satisfy your taste buds and warm your soul.
- 1 cup Quaker Barley
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, sliced carrots, chopped celery, and minced garlic. Cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the Quaker Barley, vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, dried thyme, dried rosemary, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings if needed.
- Serve the Quaker Barley Soup hot, garnished with some fresh herbs if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition information: Calories per serving: 210, Fat: 3g, Carbohydrates: 40g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 6g
Warm up with a bowl of Quaker Barley Soup. This hearty and nutritious soup is packed with flavors and textures that will keep you satisfied and cozy during the colder months. The tender barley adds a pleasant chewiness to the soup, while the vegetables bring freshness and crunch. The combination of dried thyme and rosemary infuses the broth with a delightful aroma and enhances the overall taste. Whether you’re looking for a comforting meal or want to impress your guests with a healthy and delicious option, this Quaker Barley Soup won’t disappoint.