Ponzu Chicken Recipe
Ponzu Chicken is a delicious, flavorful dish that combines the tangy and citrusy flavors of Ponzu sauce with tender, juicy chicken. This Japanese-inspired recipe is perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. The combination of soy sauce, citrus juice, and other ingredients creates a savory and refreshing marinade that infuses the chicken with a burst of flavor. Whether you grill, bake, or pan-fry the chicken, it will turn out juicy, tender, and packed with umami goodness.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the Ponzu sauce, honey, minced garlic, grated ginger, vegetable oil, salt, and pepper. This will be your marinade.
- Add the chicken breasts to a zip-top bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 24 hours for maximum flavor.
- Preheat your grill, oven, or skillet to medium-high heat.
- If grilling, cook the chicken for about 6-8 minutes per side until cooked through. If baking, preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and bake the chicken for 25-30 minutes. If pan-frying, heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken for about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Serve the Ponzu Chicken with steamed rice or vegetables, and garnish with some fresh cilantro or green onions.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
This Ponzu Chicken recipe is a delightful combination of tangy and savory flavors. The marinade gives the chicken a wonderful umami taste that will have your taste buds dancing. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal or when you want to impress guests with minimal effort, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Nutritional information: Calories: 250 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 800mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 8g | Protein: 30g
Ponzu Chicken is a crowd-pleaser that will have your family and friends coming back for seconds. The zesty Ponzu sauce adds a burst of citrusy flavor to the tender and juicy chicken, making every bite a delightful experience. The marinade is simple to prepare, and you can customize it to suit your taste by adjusting the amount of honey or adding a touch of spice. Whether you prefer to fire up the grill, use the oven, or stick to the stovetop, this versatile recipe can be cooked using your preferred method.
The Ponzu Chicken recipe is also an excellent option for meal prepping. You can marinate the chicken ahead of time, allowing the flavors to meld together and making it even more delicious. Store the marinated chicken in the refrigerator, and when you’re ready to cook, simply grill, bake, or pan-fry it to perfection.
Whether you serve Ponzu Chicken with a side of steamed rice, a medley of roasted vegetables, or a crisp salad, it is a complete and satisfying meal. The combination of flavors in this recipe will leave you craving more, and you’ll find yourself making it again and again. So try out this delectable Ponzu Chicken recipe today and enjoy a taste of Japan in the comfort of your own home.