Kumquat Chicken Recipes
Kumquat chicken is a delightful and flavorful dish that combines the tangy taste of kumquats with tender chicken pieces. This recipe is a perfect blend of sweet and sour flavors, making it a crowd-pleaser for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or looking to impress your family with a unique meal, this kumquat chicken recipe will not disappoint.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup kumquats, sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them, making sure to coat each piece evenly.
- Add the sliced kumquats and green onions to the dish.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the kumquats are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry.
- Remove the dish from the oven and uncover. Pour the slurry over the chicken and kumquats, stirring gently to thicken the sauce.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
Total time: 45 minutes
This kumquat chicken recipe is a delightful blend of sweet and sour flavors. Tender chicken breasts are baked with tangy kumquats and a savory sauce, resulting in a mouthwatering dish that will leave your taste buds wanting more. The combination of soy sauce, honey, ginger, and garlic creates a delicious marinade that infuses the chicken with incredible flavor. The kumquats add a burst of freshness and a slight tanginess to each bite. Serve this dish with steamed rice and garnish with chopped green onions for a visually stunning and flavorful meal. Whether you’re a seasoned chef or just starting out in the kitchen, this kumquat chicken recipe is sure to impress your guests and become a new favorite in your household.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving – 350, Fat per serving – 8g, Carbohydrates per serving – 30g, Protein per serving – 40g
In conclusion, kumquat chicken is a unique and delicious dish that combines the flavors of tangy kumquats with tender chicken. The marinade adds a wonderful depth of flavor to the chicken, while the kumquats bring a burst of freshness and tanginess. This recipe is easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re cooking for a family dinner or entertaining guests, this kumquat chicken recipe is sure to impress. So, give it a try and enjoy the delightful combination of sweet and sour flavors in every bite!