Kikkoman Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Teriyaki chicken is a classic Japanese dish that has gained popularity all around the world for its delicious flavors and easy preparation. Made with Kikkoman soy sauce, this Chicken Teriyaki recipe offers a perfect balance of sweet and savory flavors that will satisfy your taste buds.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds for garnish
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- In a bowl, combine Kikkoman soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour the soy sauce mixture over the chicken and bring to a simmer. Cover and let it cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch. Add the mixture to the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions. Serve the teriyaki chicken over steamed rice or with a side of stir-fried vegetables.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
This Kikkoman Chicken Teriyaki Recipe is a delightful combination of tender chicken breasts and a flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce. The chicken is cooked to perfection, juicy and succulent, while the sauce adds a delightful balance of sweetness and savory notes. Serve it over steamed rice or alongside your favorite stir-fried vegetables for a complete and satisfying meal.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 320, Fat – 8g, Carbohydrates – 22g, Protein – 38g
In this Kikkoman Chicken Teriyaki Recipe, the marinade made with Kikkoman soy sauce is the key to its incredible flavor. The soy sauce lends a rich umami taste, while the brown sugar adds sweetness and helps caramelize the chicken beautifully. The minced garlic and grated ginger add a delightful kick, complementing the teriyaki sauce perfectly.
To prepare this dish, start by combining soy sauce, brown sugar, minced garlic, and grated ginger in a bowl. This mixture will be the marinade for the chicken. Make sure the sugar is dissolved to evenly distribute the flavors. Set the marinade aside.
In a skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until they are nicely browned on both sides. This step helps lock in the juices and develops a delicious seared flavor on the outside of the chicken. Once browned, pour the prepared teriyaki marinade over the chicken and bring it to a simmer.
Cover the skillet and let the chicken cook in the teriyaki sauce for about 10-12 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. The chicken will absorb the flavors of the marinade, becoming incredibly tender and infused with the delicious teriyaki taste. The sauce will reduce slightly and thicken during this process.
In a small bowl, whisk together water and cornstarch to make a slurry. Add this mixture to the skillet, stirring continuously until the sauce thickens to your desired consistency. The cornstarch acts as a natural thickening agent and gives the sauce a glossy texture.
Once cooked, remove the chicken from the skillet and let it rest for a few minutes to retain its juiciness. Slice the chicken into strips or bite-sized pieces, depending on your preference.
Garnish the teriyaki chicken with sesame seeds and sliced green onions to add a touch of freshness and crunch. The nutty flavor of the sesame seeds perfectly complements the sweetness of the teriyaki sauce, while the green onions add a mild onion flavor and a pop of color.
Serve the Kikkoman Chicken Teriyaki over steamed rice or with a side of stir-fried vegetables. The tender and succulent chicken combined with the flavorful teriyaki sauce will create a harmonious blend of taste and texture in every bite. Enjoy this delightful Japanese-inspired dish as a satisfying lunch or dinner option.