Chicken Scarpariello Carmines Recipe
Chicken Scarpariello is a classic Italian-American dish that originated in the Bronx, New York. It is a flavorful and hearty dish that combines tender chicken pieces with sweet and tangy flavors from vinegar, peppers, and herbs. The recipe for Chicken Scarpariello Carmines is a delicious twist on the traditional dish, adding a touch of heat and complexity to the flavors. The result is a mouthwatering dish that will leave you wanting more.
- 3 pounds of chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken pieces and cook until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic, sliced onion, bell peppers, jalapeno pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the vegetables are softened and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and add the chicken broth, white wine, white wine vinegar, and dried oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors have melded together.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4-6 servings
This Chicken Scarpariello Carmines recipe is a delicious twist on the classic Italian-American dish. It combines tender chicken with sweet and tangy flavors from vinegar, peppers, and herbs. The addition of jalapeno pepper and red pepper flakes adds a touch of heat, making it a flavorful and satisfying meal. Serve it with crusty bread or over pasta for a complete and satisfying dinner.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 350, Fat – 18g, Carbohydrates – 10g, Protein – 35g
Chicken Scarpariello Carmines is a dish that brings together the best flavors of Italian and American cuisine. The combination of tender chicken, tangy vinegar, and aromatic herbs creates a mouthwatering dish that is sure to impress your family and friends. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking to elevate your weeknight dinner, this recipe is a must-try.
The dish starts by browning the chicken pieces in olive oil, which helps to seal in the juices and create a flavorful crust. Then, a medley of colorful bell peppers, onion, and jalapeno pepper are sautéed until they are soft and fragrant. This adds a delicious sweetness and a hint of spice to the dish.
Next, the chicken is returned to the skillet and simmered in a mixture of chicken broth, white wine, white wine vinegar, and dried oregano. This allows the flavors to meld together and infuses the chicken with a rich and tangy taste. The result is a tender and succulent chicken that is bursting with flavor.
To serve, garnish the dish with freshly chopped parsley for a pop of color and freshness. This not only adds visual appeal, but it also adds a subtle hint of herbal freshness to the dish. Serve the Chicken Scarpariello Carmines with crusty bread or over pasta for a complete and satisfying meal.
This recipe is not only delicious but also nutritious. It is a good source of protein and contains essential nutrients. Each serving contains approximately 350 calories, 18g of fat, 10g of carbohydrates, and 35g of protein. It is a well-rounded meal that will keep you satisfied and energized.
In conclusion, Chicken Scarpariello Carmines is a recipe that combines the best of Italian and American flavors. It is a dish that is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a special dinner or a casual family meal. The tender chicken, tangy vinegar, and aromatic herbs make this dish a standout. Give this recipe a try and bring a taste of Italian-American cuisine to your table.