Beer Cheese Soup Recipe Crockpot
Beer Cheese Soup is the perfect combination of comforting flavors. This crockpot recipe takes all the classic elements of a hearty soup and adds a twist with the addition of beer and cheese. The result? A rich and creamy soup that will warm you up on even the chilliest of nights.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 cup of beer (lager or ale)
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- In a crockpot, combine the diced onion, minced garlic, chopped carrots, and celery. Pour in the beer and chicken broth.
- Add the bay leaf, dried thyme, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for 4 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove the bay leaf and using an immersion blender or regular blender, puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup to the crockpot and stir in the heavy cream and grated cheddar cheese until the cheese is melted and the soup is creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue cooking on low heat for an additional 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Beer Cheese Soup hot, garnished with fresh parsley.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
This Beer Cheese Soup Recipe Crockpot is a crowd-pleasing favorite. The combination of the rich and creamy cheese, combined with the subtle bitterness of the beer, creates a flavor explosion that will have your taste buds begging for more. The crockpot makes it easy to prepare, allowing the flavors to slowly meld together and develop into a delicious soup that will warm you up from the inside out.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 350, Fat – 22g, Carbohydrates – 15g, Protein – 17g
So the next time you’re looking for a comforting and satisfying soup recipe, give this Beer Cheese Soup Recipe Crockpot a try. It’s perfect for enjoying on a cozy evening at home or for serving at a gathering with friends and family. And don’t forget to pair it with some crusty bread for dipping!