Chicken Rezala Recipe
Chicken Rezala is a popular Bengali dish known for its rich and creamy texture. This traditional Mughlai recipe originated in the kitchens of the Nawabs of Bengal and has since become a beloved dish across the country. Made with tender chicken pieces cooked in a flavorful yogurt-based sauce, this Chicken Rezala recipe is perfect for special occasions or when you want to treat your taste buds to something truly indulgent.
- 500 grams of chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cups of yogurt
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup of onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cashew paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the chicken pieces with yogurt, ginger paste, and garlic paste. Let it rest for at least 1 hour.
- In a deep pan, heat ghee and vegetable oil.
- Add the chopped onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken and cook on high heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let it simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender.
- Add cashew paste, sugar, white pepper powder, garam masala powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Preparation time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Chicken Rezala is a flavorful and aromatic chicken dish cooked in a yogurt-based sauce.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 350, Fat – 16g, Protein – 25g, Carbohydrates – 27g
Chicken Rezala is a dish that perfectly combines the spices and flavors of Mughlai and Bengali cuisine. The tender chicken pieces soaked in the creamy and tangy yogurt-based sauce create a heavenly experience for your taste buds. The careful blend of spices adds depth and complexity to the dish, making it a true culinary masterpiece.
To prepare Chicken Rezala, start by marinating the chicken with yogurt, ginger paste, and garlic paste. This step not only adds flavor but also helps tenderize the meat. After marination, heat a combination of ghee and vegetable oil in a deep pan and sauté finely chopped onions until golden brown. Add the marinated chicken and cook it on high heat for a few minutes to seal in the flavors.
Next, reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the chicken simmer for around 20 minutes until it becomes tender. At this point, add cashew paste, sugar, white pepper powder, garam masala powder, and salt to enhance the taste and thickness of the sauce. Let it cook for another 5 minutes until the sauce reaches the desired consistency.
The Chicken Rezala is now ready to be served. Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and serve it hot with naan or basmati rice. This dish is perfect for special occasions or when you want to impress your guests with your culinary skills.
In conclusion, Chicken Rezala is a delightful dish that combines the flavors of Mughlai and Bengali cuisine. With its rich and creamy texture, it is sure to please even the most discerning food lovers. Try this recipe at home and let the exquisite flavors transport you to the royal kitchens where it all began. Enjoy the indulgence of Chicken Rezala and savor every delicious bite!