Chicken Friand Recipe
Chicken Friand is a delicious and comforting dish that combines tender chicken, flavorful vegetables, and savory puff pastry. This recipe is perfect for a cozy dinner or a special occasion. The rich aroma and irresistible taste of the Chicken Friand will impress your family and friends.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg, beaten (for egg wash)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until fragrant and translucent.
- Add the diced carrot and celery, and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the vegetables soften.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, dried thyme, and dried rosemary. Push the vegetables to the sides of the skillet and place the chicken breasts in the center. Cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Add the frozen peas and chicken broth to the skillet. Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the flavors have melded.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the skillet and shred them into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetables and broth.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets and cut them into squares or circles, depending on your preference.
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable filling onto one half of each pastry square or circle. Brush the edges of the pastry with beaten egg, then fold the other half of the pastry over the filling. Press the edges together to seal the friands.
- Transfer the friands to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops with beaten egg for a golden finish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the friands to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Chicken Friands are stuffed with tender chicken and delicious vegetables, all encased in flaky puff pastry. This savory dish is perfect for a cozy dinner or a special occasion.
Nutrition information: Calories: 320, Fat: 20g, Carbohydrates: 25g, Protein: 12g
Chicken Friand is a delightful dish that will satisfy your taste buds with its flavorful ingredients and delightful presentation. The combination of tender chicken, aromatic vegetables, and buttery puff pastry creates a heavenly experience in every bite.
To begin this culinary journey, you’ll need boneless, skinless chicken breasts, olive oil, onions, garlic, carrots, celery, frozen peas, chicken broth, and a blend of dried thyme and rosemary. These ingredients come together to form the heart of the Chicken Friand.
Start by sautéing the diced onion and minced garlic in a skillet until they become fragrant and translucent. Then, add the finely diced carrot and celery, cooking them until they soften. Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary, and sear them in the skillet until they turn golden brown. The aroma filling the kitchen will be simply irresistible.
Once the chicken is cooked, shred it into bite-sized pieces and combine it with the vegetables and broth. This hearty filling is the core of the dish and provides a wonderful balance of flavors. It’s then time to prepare the puff pastry, which will encase the chicken and vegetable mixture to create the signature Friand shape.
Roll out the thawed puff pastry sheets and cut them into squares or circles—get creative and make them look as elegant as possible. Spoon the chicken and vegetable filling onto one half of each pastry shape, brush the edges with an egg wash, and fold it over the filling. Press the edges together to ensure the friands are sealed and secure.
Once the friands are beautifully prepared, transfer them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush the tops with beaten egg for a delightful golden finish. Pop them into the preheated oven, and anticipate the intoxicating scent that will fill your kitchen as they bake to perfection.
After 20-25 minutes of baking, the puff pastry will turn golden brown, and the aromas will let you know they are ready. Carefully remove them from the oven and allow them a few moments to cool. This ensures the fillings set and the flavors meld together.
Serve the Chicken Friands as a main course, accompanied by a fresh salad or steamed vegetables. The flaky pastry and savory chicken and vegetable filling will leave your guests wanting more. You can even make smaller versions to serve as appetizers at your next gathering—just be prepared to receive compliments on your culinary skills.
In conclusion, Chicken Friand is a recipe that combines simplicity and elegance, creating a dish that is sure to impress. The tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and flaky pastry come together in perfect harmony. Whether you’re enjoying a quiet evening at home or hosting a dinner party, this recipe will surely become a favorite that you’ll return to time and time again.