Vegan Clotted Cream Recipe
Indulge in the creamy goodness of vegan clotted cream with this simple recipe. Made with plant-based ingredients, this dairy-free version of clotted cream is perfect for those following a vegan or dairy-free diet. Whether you’re enjoying it on freshly baked scones or using it as a luscious topping for desserts, this vegan clotted cream will satisfy your cravings.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soak the cashews in water overnight or for at least 4 hours to soften them.
- Drain the soaked cashews and transfer them to a blender or food processor.
- Add the coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract to the blender.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass jar or container and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow it to thicken and set.
- Your homemade vegan clotted cream is ready to be enjoyed! Serve it on scones, pancakes, or use it as a topping for your favorite desserts.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 cup
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 150, Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 9g, Protein – 4g
In conclusion, this vegan clotted cream recipe is a delightful and guilt-free alternative to traditional clotted cream. It offers all the rich and creamy flavor without any of the dairy. The combination of raw cashews, coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract creates a luxurious texture that is perfect for spreading on scones or adding a dollop to your favorite desserts. The recipe is easy to make and requires minimal ingredients, making it a great choice for anyone looking to add a vegan twist to their afternoon tea or dessert recipes. So go ahead and give this vegan clotted cream a try, and savor the deliciousness while staying true to your dietary preferences.