Taco Sauce Recipe Canning
Looking for a way to add a burst of flavor to your tacos? Look no further! This homemade taco sauce recipe will elevate your taco game and leave everyone craving for more. Plus, with the added benefit of canning, you can preserve this delicious sauce to enjoy for months to come.
To make this mouthwatering taco sauce, you’ll need a few simple ingredients:
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Now that you have all your ingredients, let’s dive into the step-by-step instructions:
- Start by blanching the tomatoes. Score an “X” at the bottom of each tomato and drop them into boiling water for about 30 seconds. Remove and immediately place in ice water to cool down. Peel off the skin and chop the tomatoes into small pieces.
- In a food processor, add the jalapenos, onion, and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped.
- In a large pot, combine the chopped tomatoes, jalapeno mixture, vinegar, sugar, cumin, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare your canning jars and lids by sterilizing them in boiling water.
- Once the sauce is ready, carefully transfer it to the sterilized jars, leaving about 1/4 inch of headspace. Wipe the rims clean and seal the jars with the lids.
- Process the jars in a water bath canner for 15 minutes.
- Remove the jars from the canner and let them cool on a clean kitchen towel.
- Store the cooled jars in a cool, dark place for at least 2 weeks to allow the flavors to meld together.
And that’s it! You now have a batch of delicious taco sauce that’s ready to take your tacos to the next level. Use it as a topping, dip, or marinade – the possibilities are endless.
This recipe yields approximately 4 cups of taco sauce and falls under the category of condiments. It has received a rating of 4.7 out of 5, with 420 reviews, making it a trusted and popular choice among taco enthusiasts.
So go ahead, whip up a batch of this tantalizing taco sauce, and let your taste buds savor the explosion of flavors. Share the joy with friends and family by making extra jars to gift or simply enjoy it all for yourself. Happy canning and indulging in the deliciousness of homemade taco sauce!