Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce Recipe
A creamy and flavorful Alfredo sauce made with roasted garlic and served over pasta. This recipe is perfect for a cozy weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut the top off the head of garlic to expose the cloves. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil. Roast in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the garlic is soft and golden.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the blender. Blend until smooth and well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and heat over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the roasted garlic Alfredo sauce over cooked pasta and garnish with additional grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yields: 2 cups
This roasted garlic Alfredo sauce is rich, indulgent, and full of flavor. The roasted garlic adds a sweet and nutty taste to the creamy sauce, elevating it to a whole new level. Serve it over your favorite pasta, and you’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal.
Nutrition information: This information is based on a 1-cup serving of the roasted garlic Alfredo sauce. Calories: 500, Fat: 45g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 15g
A warm bowl of pasta topped with creamy Alfredo sauce is comfort food at its best. The combination of tender pasta and velvety sauce is hard to resist. And when you add the deep, rich flavors of roasted garlic to the mix, you’ll have a dish that is simply irresistible.
Roasting garlic brings out its natural sweetness and makes it mellow and fragrant. The process is simple: just cut the top off a head of garlic, drizzle it with olive oil, and wrap it in foil. Then pop it in the oven for about 30 minutes until the cloves are soft and golden. The roasted garlic becomes soft and spreadable, and its flavor becomes more complex and nuanced.
To make the Alfredo sauce, blend the roasted garlic cloves with heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. The creamy mixture becomes smooth and velvety, with a hint of sweetness from the roasted garlic. Cook the sauce over low heat until it thickens and coats the back of a spoon. The result is a luscious and satisfying sauce that will take your pasta dish to the next level.
Whether you’re making a quick weeknight dinner or hosting a dinner party, this roasted garlic Alfredo sauce recipe is sure to impress. The combination of creamy, garlicky sauce and al dente pasta is a classic that never disappoints. Serve it with a side of garlic bread and a crisp salad, and you’ll have a complete and satisfying meal.
So next time you’re craving a comforting and indulgent pasta dish, try making this roasted garlic Alfredo sauce. The flavors are rich, the textures are creamy, and the satisfaction is guaranteed.
Note: The nutrition information provided is an estimate and may vary based on the specific ingredients and brands used.