Recipe For Chef Boyardee Spaghetti Sauce
Learn how to make the classic Chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce at home with this easy recipe. Perfect for a quick and comforting meal, this sauce is packed with flavor and pairs perfectly with your favorite pasta.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook the ground beef over medium heat until browned. Remove from the heat and drain any excess fat.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and add the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sugar, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to the saucepan. Stir well to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors are well blended.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool slightly before serving.
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
– Calories: 240
– Fat: 12g
– Carbohydrates: 12g
– Protein: 20g
Enjoy a taste of nostalgia with this homemade Chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce recipe. This classic sauce has been a favorite among families for generations, and now you can recreate it in your own kitchen. The secret to its rich and flavorful taste lies in the combination of simple ingredients and a slow simmering process.
Start by browning the ground beef in a large saucepan. This step adds a delicious meaty flavor to the sauce. Once the beef is cooked, add diced onions and minced garlic to the pan. These aromatic vegetables will enhance the taste even further.
Next, it’s time to add the star ingredients – crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. These pantry staples provide the base for the sauce, giving it a vibrant red color and a thick consistency. To balance out the acidity of the tomatoes, a tablespoon of sugar is added.
To elevate the flavors, dried basil and oregano are sprinkled into the sauce. These herbs infuse the sauce with a delightful Italian aroma. A pinch of salt and black pepper brings out the savory notes and adds depth to the sauce.
Now, let the magic happen. Allow the sauce to simmer for 20-25 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together. Stir it occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the saucepan. The aroma will fill your kitchen, building the anticipation for the meal to come.
As the sauce cooks, prepare your favorite pasta according to the package instructions. Spaghetti is a classic choice, but feel free to use any pasta shape you prefer. Once the pasta is cooked al dente, drain it and toss it with a generous ladle of the Chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce.
Plate the spaghetti, and don’t be shy with the extra sauce. It’s the best part! Feel free to sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese and fresh basil leaves on top for an added touch of flavor.
This homemade Chef Boyardee spaghetti sauce is pure comfort food. It’s the kind of meal that brings back memories of family dinners and cozy evenings. With every bite, you’ll taste the love and care that went into making this sauce from scratch.