Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup is a delicious and comforting dish that brings the flavors of the Australian Outback right into your home. This recipe combines tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and a rich broth with hints of smoky spices. It’s a perfect meal for chilly evenings or when you’re craving something hearty and satisfying.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro for serving
- In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and red bell pepper. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pot and cook until browned on both sides.
- Stir in the corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it into bite-sized pieces using two forks. Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with tortilla chips, shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup is a flavorful and satisfying dish that combines tender chicken, vegetables, and a rich broth. Serve it with tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, and cilantro for a complete meal.
Nutrition facts: Calories per serving: 320, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Protein: 28g
Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ultimate comfort food with its warm, savory flavors and satisfying ingredients. The combination of tender chicken, vibrant vegetables, and a flavorful broth creates a soup that will keep you coming back for more.
To make this delicious soup, start by sautéing diced onion, minced garlic, and diced red bell pepper in olive oil. Once the vegetables are tender, add the chicken breasts and cook until they’re browned on both sides. Then, stir in frozen corn kernels, black beans, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, and a blend of chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Bring the soup to a boil and then let it simmer for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the pot and shred it into bite-sized pieces. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and your soup is ready to serve.
Garnish each bowl of Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup with crispy tortilla chips, shredded cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro. These toppings add a delightful crunch and enhance the overall flavor of the dish. Savor each spoonful of this hearty and flavorful soup, perfect for a cozy night in or for entertaining guests.
With only 15 minutes of prep time, this recipe yields four servings, making it a great option for a family dinner or a meal to enjoy throughout the week. Each serving of Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup is approximately 320 calories with 8 grams of fat, 35 grams of carbohydrates, and 28 grams of protein. It’s a well-balanced meal that will keep you satisfied and nourished.
Whether you’re a fan of Outback Steakhouse or simply looking for a tasty and satisfying soup, this Outback Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is sure to become a favorite in your household. Enjoy the flavors of the Australian Outback in the comfort of your own home with this delicious and easy-to-make soup.