Opelousas Sauce Recipe
Are you ready to add a taste of Louisiana to your dishes? Look no further than this delicious Opelousas Sauce recipe. With its tangy and flavorful profile, this sauce is perfect for adding a zing to your favorite meals.
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic to the saucepan. Sauté until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, dried thyme, dried oregano, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has thickened and the flavors have melded together, remove it from the heat.
- Allow the Opelousas Sauce to cool slightly before serving.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
This Opelousas Sauce recipe is a must-have for anyone who enjoys the flavors of Louisiana cuisine. The combination of diced onions, bell peppers, celery, and garlic creates a savory base that is elevated by the addition of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and a blend of spices. The sauce simmers to perfection, allowing the flavors to meld together and develop a delicious tang. Whether you use it as a dipping sauce for fried fish or as a topping for grilled chicken, this Opelousas Sauce will bring a taste of the South to your table.
Nutritional Information: Calories per serving – 120, Fat – 8g, Carbohydrates – 10g, Protein – 2g
In conclusion, this Opelousas Sauce recipe is a versatile and flavorful addition to your culinary repertoire. The combination of ingredients creates a sauce that is both tangy and savory, perfect for enhancing the flavors of your favorite dishes. Whether you’re planning a Cajun-themed dinner party or simply want to spice up your weeknight meals, this Opelousas Sauce will not disappoint. Give it a try and experience the taste of Louisiana in your own kitchen.