Old School Pineapple Pound Cake Recipe
A classic and timeless dessert, this Old School Pineapple Pound Cake is moist, flavorful, and perfect for any occasion. Made with simple pantry ingredients, this recipe will transport you back to the good old days of homemade baking. Serve it with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, and get ready to dive into nostalgic culinary bliss.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the pineapple juice.
- Stir in the crushed pineapple until evenly distributed in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve the Old School Pineapple Pound Cake, and enjoy the delightful flavors of nostalgia.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 1 cake
A moist and flavorful Old School Pineapple Pound Cake made with simple pantry ingredients. This classic recipe is perfect for any occasion.
Nutrition information: Calories per serving, Total Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Total Carbohydrate, Protein
Indulging in the sweet aroma of freshly baked pineapple pound cake brings back memories of grandmother’s kitchen, where delicious treats were lovingly created. This Old School Pineapple Pound Cake recipe is a tribute to the timeless flavors that have become a symbol of comfort and warmth.
With each bite, you are transported to a simpler time, where homemade desserts were savored and enjoyed with loved ones. The moistness of the cake, combined with the tangy burst of crushed pineapple, creates a heavenly combination that is hard to resist.
The recipe begins with the creaming of softened butter and granulated sugar. This step ensures a tender crumb and adds a rich sweetness to the cake. The addition of eggs, one at a time, helps to create a light and fluffy texture.
A touch of vanilla extract enhances the overall flavor profile, while the crushed pineapple and pineapple juice take the cake to a whole new level. Their natural sweetness and tropical essence infuse every bite, making this cake truly exceptional.
The dry ingredients, consisting of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt, are gradually incorporated into the wet mixture. This creates a well-balanced batter that bakes up beautifully, giving the cake its classic pound cake texture.
After an hour of patiently waiting, the cake emerges from the oven, golden and fragrant. It is important to let it cool before slicing, allowing the flavors to settle and intensify further. The anticipation builds, and with the first taste, you are transported to a place of pure delight.
Enjoy this Old School Pineapple Pound Cake as a dessert for any occasion. It is equally delicious served on its own or with a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The addition of vanilla bean ice cream takes it to another level of indulgence.
As you savor each bite, take a moment to appreciate the memories that are woven into this cake. The timeless flavors and the nostalgia they evoke make this recipe a true treasure.