Mary Berry Madeira Cake Recipe
Indulge in the deliciousness of a classic and timeless Mary Berry Madeira Cake. With its buttery flavor and moist crumb, this cake is perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a tea party or simply craving a slice of heaven, this Madeira Cake will not disappoint.
- 225g unsalted butter, softened
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 275g self-raising flour
- 2 lemons, zest only
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and lemon zest until the mixture is well combined.
- Transfer the batter to a greased loaf tin and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (350°F) for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Nutrition information: Calories: 350kcal, Carbohydrates: 45g, Fat: 16g, Protein: 5g
In conclusion, Mary Berry Madeira Cake is a delightful treat that is sure to impress. Its simple yet elegant flavors make it a versatile dessert for any occasion. Whether you serve it with a cup of tea or dress it up with fresh berries and cream, this cake will always be a crowd-pleaser. So why not indulge in a slice of this classic cake and enjoy the timeless goodness it offers?