Light Soup Recipe Ghana
Are you looking for a comforting and flavorful soup that will transport you to the rich culinary heritage of Ghana? Look no further than this delicious Light Soup recipe! Bursting with vibrant flavors and a harmonious blend of spices, this traditional Ghanaian soup is sure to delight your taste buds and keep you warm on a chilly day.
Ghanaian cuisine is renowned for its bold flavors and use of fragrant ingredients, and this Light Soup is no exception. Made using a combination of fresh vegetables, tender meat, and aromatic spices, it offers a tantalizing taste experience that will leave you craving for more.
- 2 pounds of chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 onions, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of chopped spinach
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and add the chicken pieces. Cook until browned on all sides, then remove from the pot and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the diced onions, chopped tomatoes, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Sauté until the vegetables are softened and aromatic.
- Add the tomato paste, dried thyme, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Stir well to combine and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken pieces to the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool slightly before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This Light Soup Recipe Ghana is a delicious and comforting soup, packed with vibrant flavors and spices. Made with tender chicken, aromatic vegetables, and a blend of fragrant spices, it’s the perfect dish to warm you up on a chilly day. Serve it with a side of fufu or rice for a complete and satisfying meal. This traditional Ghanaian recipe is a must-try for anyone looking to explore the rich culinary heritage of West Africa.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving: 250, Fat: 8g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 30g
In conclusion, this Light Soup Recipe Ghana is a delightful representation of Ghanaian cuisine. Its rich flavors and aromatic spices create a taste sensation that will transport you to the vibrant streets of Ghana. Whether you are exploring African cuisine or simply looking to add more diversity to your soup repertoire, this recipe is a must-try. Gather your ingredients, embrace the flavors of Ghana, and enjoy a steaming bowl of this delicious Light Soup today!