Lau Lau Chicken Recipe
Lau Lau Chicken is a delicious and flavorful dish that originates from the beautiful islands of Hawaii. This recipe combines tender chicken pieces with a blend of traditional Hawaiian ingredients to create a meal that is both satisfying and comforting. The unique flavors of the islands shine through in every bite, making it a perfect choice for those seeking a taste of paradise.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, oyster sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, and sliced green onions. Mix well.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to coat them evenly with the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and thread onto skewers.
- Grill the chicken skewers for about 8-10 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through and slightly charred.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Brush the slurry onto the chicken skewers during the last few minutes of grilling to create a glossy glaze.
- Remove the chicken skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Lau Lau Chicken is a delicious Hawaiian dish made with tender chicken thighs marinated in a flavorful blend of soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, garlic, and green onions. Grilled to perfection and served on skewers, this dish is a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion.
Nutritional information: Calories 250, Total Fat 8g, Sodium 700mg, Carbohydrate 10g, Protein 30g
In conclusion, Lau Lau Chicken is a must-try recipe that brings the taste of Hawaii to your plate. The tender and juicy chicken, combined with the flavorful marinade, creates a mouthwatering experience. Whether you’re hosting a Hawaiian-themed party or simply craving a taste of the islands, this recipe will transport you to paradise. So fire up the grill, gather your ingredients, and get ready to indulge in a truly delicious dish.