Kosher Chicken Recipes For Shabbat
Shabbat, the Jewish day of rest, is a time for families to come together and enjoy a special meal. One of the most popular dishes on the Shabbat table is kosher chicken. Prepared in accordance with Jewish dietary laws, kosher chicken is not only delicious but also holds a special significance for the occasion.
In this recipe, we will guide you through the process of creating a mouthwatering kosher chicken dish that will impress your family and friends. The flavorsome combination of herbs and spices will elevate your Shabbat meal to new heights.
- 1 whole kosher chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the kosher chicken in a roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, minced garlic, dried thyme, dried rosemary, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Rub the mixture all over the chicken, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Place the sliced lemon inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Pour the chicken broth into the roasting pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and roast the chicken for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and continue roasting for an additional 30 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before carving.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This kosher chicken recipe is a perfect addition to your Shabbat table. The flavorful seasoning and tender meat will leave your guests wanting more.
Nutritional information: Calories per serving – 250 | Total fat – 12g | Protein – 30g | Carbohydrates – 2g
After a long week, Shabbat is a time to relax and enjoy good food with loved ones. This kosher chicken recipe will not only satisfy your taste buds but also honor the traditions of the occasion. The aroma of the herbs and spices will fill your kitchen, creating an inviting atmosphere for your family to gather.
The succulent chicken, infused with the flavors of garlic, thyme, and rosemary, will melt in your mouth with every bite. The tanginess of the lemon adds a refreshing twist to the dish, complementing the savory notes perfectly.
Serving this kosher chicken on Shabbat is a way to connect with your roots and celebrate the rich cultural heritage of the Jewish community. It is a dish that brings people together and creates lasting memories.
As you savor the tender meat and enjoy the company of your loved ones, take a moment to appreciate the significance of this meal. Shabbat is a time of reflection and gratitude, and the shared experience of breaking bread together brings a sense of unity and harmony.
So, gather your ingredients, prepare this delightful kosher chicken recipe, and let the flavors transport you to a place of warmth and serenity. May your Shabbat be filled with love, laughter, and delicious food.