King Cake Recipe Bread Machine
Delight in the flavors of this homemade King Cake made using a bread machine. This American classic is perfect for Mardi Gras celebrations.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- For the filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- For the glaze:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Purple, yellow, and green colored sugar for decoration
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast.
- In a separate bowl, warm the milk and water to about 110°F.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract to the bowl with the warm milk and water.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a bread machine and use the dough setting to knead and rise the dough for about 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the filling by combining the softened butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped pecans.
- Once the dough has risen, remove it from the bread machine and roll it out into a rectangle on a floured surface.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Starting from one of the long sides, roll the dough tightly into a log.
- Place the rolled dough onto a greased baking sheet and form it into a circle, pinching the ends together to seal.
- Cover the dough with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the King Cake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract to make the glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake and sprinkle with colored sugar, alternating between purple, yellow, and green.
- Serve the King Cake and enjoy!
Total Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Yields: 1 cake
Delight in the flavors of this homemade King Cake made using a bread machine. This American classic is perfect for Mardi Gras celebrations. The cake is soft, sweet, and filled with a delectable cinnamon and pecan mixture. Topped with a sugary glaze and colorful decorations, this King Cake is not only festive but also delicious.
Nutritional Information: Serving Size – 1 slice (out of 12), Calories – 280, Fat – 11g, Carbohydrates – 40g, Protein – 5g
Capture the spirit of Mardi Gras with this amazing King Cake. The bread machine makes the dough preparation a breeze, allowing you to spend more time enjoying the celebration with family and friends. The cake has a soft and fluffy texture, thanks to the bread machine’s kneading and rising capabilities. The filling, made with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans, adds a delightful contrast of flavors to the cake.
As the King Cake bakes in the oven, the aroma of cinnamon fills the air, building anticipation for the final result. Once out of the oven, the cake is drizzled with a sweet glaze, making it even more irresistible. To complete the festive look, sprinkle colored sugar in purple, yellow, and green over the glaze. These vibrant colors are symbolic of the famous Mardi Gras carnival and add a visual appeal to the cake.
Whether you’re celebrating Mardi Gras or simply looking to satisfy your sweet tooth, this King Cake Recipe Bread Machine is a winner. Its combination of flavors and festive appearance are sure to impress your friends and family. So grab your bread machine, put on your apron, and get ready for a delightful baking experience. Let the good times roll with this delicious King Cake!