Katie ParlaʼS Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
When it comes to Italian cuisine, there are few dishes as beloved and satisfying as Chicken Cacciatore. This classic Roman recipe has been passed down through generations, and now I am thrilled to share Katie Parlaʼs authentic and mouthwatering rendition of it with you. Known for her expertise in Roman cuisine, Katie Parla brings her Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore recipe to life by combining simple ingredients and traditional techniques.
- 4 chicken legs or thighs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then add it to the skillet. Cook until golden brown on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the minced garlic, sliced onion, and bell peppers. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, tomato sauce, white wine, dried oregano, dried thyme, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, nestling it into the sauce and vegetables. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Stir in the black olives and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and garnish with fresh parsley.
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
This Katie Parlaʼs Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore recipe is a comforting and hearty dish that showcases the flavors of Italy. With tender chicken, aromatic vegetables, and a zesty tomato sauce, each bite transports you to the streets of Rome. The combination of dried herbs and red pepper flakes adds a subtle kick of heat, while the black olives provide a briny and savory note. Serve this Chicken Cacciatore with crusty bread or pasta for a complete and satisfying meal.
make a story conclusion of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Katie ParlaʼS Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
The story of Katie Parlaʼs Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore recipe is one that is steeped in tradition and culinary heritage. In the heart of Rome, Katie Parla has spent years perfecting this beloved dish, drawing inspiration from the ancient Roman kitchens and the vibrant street food culture that defines the city.
Chicken Cacciatore, or “Hunter’s Chicken,” is a dish that has long been favored by Italian hunters as a nourishing and satisfying meal after a long day in the woods. The rustic and earthy flavors of the dish are reminiscent of the bountiful Italian countryside, with each ingredient carefully selected to create a harmonious and flavorful composition.
Katie Parlaʼs recipe stays true to the essence of the dish while adding her own unique twist. By using chicken legs or thighs instead of the more commonly used chicken breast, she ensures that the meat remains moist and tender throughout the cooking process. The combination of garlic, onions, and bell peppers infuses the dish with a delectable aroma and depth of flavor, while the cherry tomatoes and tomato sauce create a luscious and rich sauce that coats each piece of chicken.
The secret to Katie Parlaʼs Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore lies in the careful balance of spices and herbs. The dried oregano and thyme add an earthy and woodsy note, elevating the flavor profile of the dish. A touch of red pepper flakes gives just the right amount of heat, warming your palate without overpowering the other elements. And of course, the dish would not be complete without the briny and salty bite of black olives, adding a burst of flavor with each bite.
As you prepare this recipe in your own kitchen, take a moment to imagine the bustling streets of Rome, the aroma of food stalls wafting through the air, and the vibrant colors of fresh ingredients. Let Katie Parlaʼs Roman Kitchen Chicken Cacciatore transport you to the heart of Italy and savor every delicious bite. And remember, while this dish may be rooted in tradition, it is also a testament to the ever-evolving and dynamic nature of Italian cuisine.