Joy Of Cooking Mulligatawny Soup Recipe
The Joy Of Cooking Mulligatawny Soup is a delightful blend of Indian spices and comforting flavors. This soup is perfect for those chilly evenings when you want something warm and comforting to soothe your soul. It’s a classic recipe that has been passed down through generations, bringing joy to every bowl.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrots, and celery. Sauté until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic, curry powder, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. Cook for an additional 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add the red lentils and diced tomatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are cooked through.
- Stir in the coconut milk and fresh lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes to heat through.
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool slightly. Then, using an immersion blender or a regular blender, puree the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to low heat and simmer for a few more minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Serve the Joy Of Cooking Mulligatawny Soup hot, garnished with fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
This Joy Of Cooking Mulligatawny Soup is a comforting and flavorful dish that combines the warmth of Indian spices with the heartiness of lentils. It’s a perfect soup for those cozy evenings when you crave a bowl of happiness. The combination of curry powder, cumin, turmeric, and cinnamon creates a rich and aromatic base, while the red lentils add a creamy texture and protein. The addition of coconut milk gives the soup a luxurious touch, and a splash of lemon juice adds a refreshing tang. Every spoonful of this Mulligatawny Soup will bring joy to your taste buds and leave you wanting more. Serve it with some warm naan bread or fluffy rice for a complete and satisfying meal. Get ready to savor the joy of cooking with this delightful Mulligatawny Soup recipe.
– Calories: 250
– Fat: 12g
– Carbohydrates: 28g
– Protein: 9g
(Create a storytelling style conclusion of at least 300 words about the recipe Joy Of Cooking Mulligatawny Soup Recipe)