Hawaiian Sunset Cake Recipe
Indulge in the tropical flavors of Hawaii with this delicious Hawaiian Sunset Cake. This moist and fluffy cake is reminiscent of a beautiful Hawaiian sunset, with layers of vibrant colors and fruity flavors. With its combination of pineapple, coconut, and citrus, this cake is a true taste of paradise.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir well to combine.
- Add the softened butter, crushed pineapple, pineapple juice, coconut milk, eggs, vanilla extract, coconut extract, lemon zest, and orange zest to the bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the ingredients on medium speed until well combined and the batter is smooth.
- Divide the batter into three equal portions.
- In one portion of the batter, add a few drops of red food coloring and mix well to create a vibrant red color.
- In another portion of the batter, add a few drops of yellow food coloring and mix well to create a vibrant yellow color.
- Leave the remaining portion of the batter uncolored.
- Spread the red batter evenly into one prepared cake pan.
- Spread the yellow batter evenly into the other prepared cake pan.
- Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Then transfer them to wire racks to cool completely.
- In the meantime, spread the sweetened flaked coconut onto a baking sheet and toast it in the oven for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Once the cakes are cooled, place the red cake layer on a serving plate. Spread a layer of frosting on top.
- Place the yellow cake layer on top of the frosting and spread another layer of frosting.
- Top with the uncolored cake layer and frost the top and sides of the entire cake.
- Sprinkle the toasted coconut on top of the cake, gently pressing it into the frosting.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to meld and the frosting to set.
- Serve chilled and enjoy the tropical taste of this Hawaiian Sunset Cake!
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
Indulge in the tropical flavors of Hawaii with this delicious Hawaiian Sunset Cake. This cake features moist layers of pineapple and coconut-infused batter, colored to resemble a stunning sunset, and is topped with a toasted coconut finish. With its vibrant colors and fruity flavors, this cake is not only visually appealing but also a delightful treat for your taste buds. The combination of pineapple, coconut, and citrus creates a refreshing and tropical flavor profile that will transport you to the sandy beaches of Hawaii. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or simply indulging your sweet tooth, this Hawaiian Sunset Cake is sure to delight both your eyes and your palate.
Total Fat: 9g
Saturated Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 44g
Enjoy this scrumptious Hawaiian Sunset Cake with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or a glass of iced tea. Its tropical flavors and beautiful presentation make it a perfect dessert for parties, celebrations, or simply a delightful treat for yourself. So go ahead, take a bite, and let the flavors of Hawaii transport you to a blissful paradise!