Gluten Free Cranberry Sauce Recipe
A delicious and easy gluten-free cranberry sauce recipe that will elevate your holiday meals. Made with fresh cranberries and a hint of sweetness, this sauce is the perfect complement to your turkey or roasted meats. Try it this holiday season for a flavorful and festive addition to your table.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, cinnamon stick, and nutmeg.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the cranberry sauce cool to room temperature, then transfer it to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate the sauce for at least 2 hours, or until it is chilled.
- Serve the gluten-free cranberry sauce alongside your favorite holiday dishes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
A delicious and easy gluten-free cranberry sauce recipe made with fresh cranberries, sugar, and warm spices. Perfect for your holiday meals.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 120, Fat: 0g, Carbohydrates: 31g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 0g
This gluten-free cranberry sauce is a must-have for the holiday season. The combination of tart cranberries, sweet sugar, and warm spices creates a flavor profile that will perfectly complement your turkey or roasted meats. Whether you follow a gluten-free diet or not, this sauce is a delicious addition to any holiday meal.
Making this cranberry sauce is quick and easy. Simply combine fresh cranberries, sugar, water, a cinnamon stick, and ground nutmeg in a saucepan. Let the mixture simmer until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens. The addition of a touch of vanilla extract adds a subtle, sweet note to the sauce.
Once the sauce is cooked, let it cool to room temperature before transferring it to a serving bowl. Refrigerate the sauce for at least 2 hours to allow it to chill and develop its flavors. The sauce can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to a week, making it the perfect make-ahead side dish for your holiday gatherings.
When serving the gluten-free cranberry sauce, be generous and offer it alongside your favorite holiday dishes. Its vibrant color and sweet-tart flavor will brighten up your plate and add a burst of freshness to every bite. Whether you’re enjoying a traditional Thanksgiving dinner or hosting a festive Christmas feast, this cranberry sauce is sure to impress your guests.
So, this holiday season, don’t settle for a store-bought cranberry sauce. Instead, whip up a batch of this easy and delicious gluten-free cranberry sauce. Your family and friends will love the burst of flavors, and you’ll feel proud knowing it was made from scratch with love. Happy cooking!