German Chocolate Pound Cake Recipes
Indulge in the rich and decadent flavors of German Chocolate Pound Cake. This American classic is a perfect dessert for any occasion. The combination of chocolate cake and coconut-pecan frosting creates a symphony of taste that will leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether you’re hosting a party or simply treating yourself, this recipe is a must-try.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the boiling water, followed by the shredded coconut and chopped pecans.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake is completely cool, spread the coconut-pecan frosting over the top and sides.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Yield: 1 cake
German Chocolate Pound Cake is a rich and moist chocolate cake, topped with a luscious coconut-pecan frosting. It’s a classic dessert that will impress your guests and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Nutrition information: Calories: 350, Fat: 15g, Carbohydrates: 50g, Protein: 5g
Celebrate the flavors of Germany with this scrumptious German Chocolate Pound Cake. The chocolatey goodness combined with the sweet and nutty frosting is a match made in dessert heaven. The cake’s tender and moist texture will melt in your mouth, leaving you craving for another slice.
To make this German Chocolate Pound Cake, start by preheating your oven and greasing a bundt cake pan. Cream together the softened butter and sugar until they become light and fluffy. Then, add the eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract to enhance the flavor.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients to ensure a well-blended batter. Be careful not to overmix; you want the ingredients to just come together.
Now, it’s time to add the special touch that makes this cake truly German. Stir in the boiling water, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans. The addition of these ingredients adds a unique flavor and texture to the cake. Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan and smooth the top.
Bake the cake for 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove it from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely. While it cools, prepare the coconut-pecan frosting by following your favorite recipe or using a store-bought version.
Once the cake is completely cooled, spread the coconut-pecan frosting over the top and sides, generously coating the cake. The frosting’s sweetness perfectly balances the rich chocolate cake, creating a harmonious and delectable flavor combination. Slice into the cake and serve it to your family and friends, and watch their faces light up with delight.
In conclusion, German Chocolate Pound Cake is an indulgent dessert that brings together the flavors of chocolate, coconut, and pecans in one incredibly delicious cake. This recipe is a must-try for any cake lover and a wonderful way to celebrate the rich tradition of German baking. Enjoy a slice of this delightful cake with a cup of coffee or tea, and savor every bite of this heavenly treat.